That is a great product, i think it will help alot of people.
There are 3 issues i see.
1. Children are beautiful, but other kids are mean to one another especially in school. If you sell something that looks like a hospital band, teenagers that actually need this product will avoid it because of peer pressure or afraid of being made fun of by the "cool kids".
2. You see people who are unwell (skin cancer), don`t really want to wear a kind of band that is specifically branded for them. No one wants people to know that they are suffering from skin cancer, as they may may feel uneasy talking about it or they just want privacy. So having something that brands this for them, they might avoid it.
3. It looks like a hospital band, where people wear in the hospital they are admitted into. This means that some redesigning of the product or a marketting gimmick has to evolve.
This is what you can do to fix the problem.
1. It can be redesigned to look fashionable and trendy with variety of colours. I see alot of people in asia where silicon bands but there is always something on it, like a gemstone or beads, braided to look like a bracelet, but never jut the bracelet itself
2. For example when you create something like that it becomes patentable and the idea will always belong to you no matter what.
3. Don`t just limit it to wrist bands, make it in slabs so people can use them as key chains as well. This way you can cover alot of ground.
4. Try pitching to people from the military, they will love this as alot of them work in sun for hours and even doing parades. The fashionable argument again comes into play, because no one in military want to made fun off by their peers. Remember its always green and brown for them.
5. The other way could be just to redesign the whole bracelet as a whole. This means asking the mnufacturer to make the mould in strips and then braid it. Most manufacturers should know this well.
Have An Alliance Or Gimmick.
You see kingdom mine has been operational since 1965, so we have seen every gimmick in the world. I will share some of them with you.
Give free stuff away. See my below thread in the british forums. The story happened in thailand.
See the last post, its also by me.
The guy in thailand had his own shops and did not have to pitch to anyone, the customers came to him in droves because of what he was offering for free. In the mindset of the consumer, if i buy 1kg of tea, i got a yellow sapphire free. People love this type of gimmicks.
Just to check with you, how much do you intend to sell each bracelet, if you have rough figure maybe i can figure a formula that works for you :)
2. This is called economic alliance. You see in asia nowadays we are having this type of alliances with manufacturers. How it works is that if someone buys your bracelet they get the other manufacturers product for free.
A good example is me, although we are still negotiating the terms, i might be having an economic alliance with a software company. This means that if someone buys gemstones from me that meets the moq(minimum order quantity) which is around US $3500, they will get a voucher from the the software company for a value of a US $1000, usually this voucher goes back out to customers which will use them as gifts, for themselves or just donate them.
Bottom line you have great product, you just need a way for it to be redesigned and marketted in way that suits the interest of your organisation and consumers.
Wow i went on for so long, sorry about that :)