I think there are two ways to answer these .... from the view of one that knows little to nothing about SEO, and the view of one that has been there, done that, & got the t-shirt.
1) How does it work, and what are the results?
2) What is it, and why shouldn`t I do it myself?
3) Understanding all the different parts of it.
4) Obviously, top rankings.
5) A lot if I`m making money.
From one that`s been there:
1) Services, testimonials, stats on improved rankings for existing customers.
2) Not many, I stick to the basics.
4) None. No one can guarantee high placement.
5) $0. How would you do this? I`ve never heard of a "light switch" effect on rankings; pay and you`re up there, don`t pay and you drop.
Without actually seeing what you offer, what you`ve done already, and so called "guarantees", there`s no way I`d buy into it. I have had so many snail mails, emails and phone calls from SEO companies wanting to work with me on web sites, and the sites they are talking about are already in the top 5 of all the search engines. Maybe I`m skeptical from experience, but I`d pass.
Website Critique Community
International Society of Curmudgeons