I am not actually going to post my business here but wanted to comment that is is really a legitimate issue. Have a good looking site.
I have received numerous comments over the years on how people love my site.
I designed my web site myself. Had lots of up and down moments trying to figure out how it looks and finally came up with what I like and my rules for web site design. But these tips are based on my beliefs, observations and the comments I have received.
1. Keep it simple. You get to some site that have spots all over it for things to click on when entering the home page. You want your customers to focus on what you are selling. Not to get distracted by fancy banners and moving gif's
2. Don't load it up with advertising. I have ZERO links to ads. Yea, there are companies that will pay you a commission to put their banner on your site and you might generate extra income. Well people you are clicking customers away from your site.
3. Have a good picture for each product and product description
4. Have the price clearly visible
5. If you have as many products as I do (8000 or so) take pains to make sensible categories that people can drill through.
6. Very important to have a search box and make your listing searchable with good keywords.