* Allows you to establish your own "real estate" on the Web;
* Allows you to attract a bigger audience; not limited to eBay buyers (not everyone buys on eBay)
* Scaleable as it allows your business to grow;
* Allows you to give more information about your business to your visitors and give them reasons to trust you
* Allows you to give more information about the product, play around with factors that can increase conversion
* Gives you a more professional look
* Requires technical know how to create a website (or money to pay someone to do it for you)
* Expensive especially if your website requires special programming
* You have to think how your site will look or hire a web designer to create your website
* Fixed price (price you set is what you get)
* You're basically a "nobody" and you have to build your reputation, brand and traffic from scratch.
* Harder to market and you may need to spend more on advertising.