Add Photos and Formatting to Your Listing!
Do you have a Marketplace Listing? It’s time to give it the sprucing up it deserves, just in time for Spring.
We have added a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor so that you can add photos, hyperlinks and other cool formatting to make your listing shine and stand out from the crowd.
Sub Title Field
We’ve also added a Sub Title field so that you can create a brief summary of your listing. It will appear just below the listing title. To get these new features launched, we have temporarily copied the first 250 characters of your current listing description into the Sub Title field. You will probably want to edit this field to make your listing more powerful.
A new contest is launching to celebrate the new enhanced Marketplace listings. You can nominate your current and new listings, jazzed up with the new feature enhancements, and be eligible for one of two $500 prizes. One prize will go to the Marketplace listing voted Most Outstanding by the StartupNation.com community, and the other will be randomly awarded to a community member who posts a comment about their voting choice in the StartupNation.com forums.
Steps to take to make your listing ROCK!
- Head on over to the StartupNation Marketplace
- Click on the “Manage Your Listings” link in the upper right area of the page
- Select “Edit” for any of your listings
- Make changes in the Sub Title field
- Use the new buttons in the WYSIWYG Description field to add photos & formatting to your listing (the Insert Image button is just to the right of the Smiley Face Emoticon button)
Don’t have a Marketplace listing yet? Now is the perfect time to create one!!
We’ve set up a StartupNation Marketplace Technical Help forum topic where you can post your questions.
How the contest works – TWO $500 Winners!
- Once you’ve updated or created your Marketplace listing, post a comment in this forum topic below with a link to your listing. That will nominate your listing for the upcoming contest.
- Feel free to nominate other listings as well that you feel are great and that take advantage of the new features.
- The StartupNation team will select 10 of the nominated Marketplace listings as finalists.
- The 10 finalists will be announced in a new forum topic and the community will vote.
- The listing with the most votes wins one of the $500 prizes.
- A randomly selected voter wins the second $500 prize.
- The $500 can be used for any StartupNation Marketplace listing – winner’s choice!
We want to make certain that as many community members as possible participate in this contest, so we’ll decide on the date to post the 10 finalists once we feel there is strong participation. But don’t worry, it’ll happen soon. Stay tuned!
Rockin’ Great Cool Marketplace Listing Example
example of how cool your listing can be – StartupNation
Go forth, spice up your Marketplace Listing, and Prosper!
PS just remember to come back here and nominate your new fancy-looking listing by posting a comment with a link to it!