Saving a great deal of money is one of the major benefits in implementing a VoIP phone system in your office. At the same time, these systems offer many other service features, mobility options and office-to-office connections. Speak with a knowledgeable VoIP provider (http://www.resourcenation.com/landing/startupnation/voip) to learn more about the financial savings and special features.
VoIP systems can be used for small and large businesses. While some digital phone system companies offer packages that are specifically designed for different sized companies, any sized business will benefit from a VoIP. However, the number of employees will create an impact on the cost of the system and the features of the package.
If your business has multiple offices, a VoIP system should be considered. Offices can be connected to a company-wide network because the system works off of an Internet connection. This allows employees to dial any office, no matter the location, and will increase convenience for those working with each other.
Employees that are required to travel frequently will also benefit from VoIP because they will be able to work with their same phone number while out of the office. Businesses that change locations frequently or make long distance calls will also benefit.
VoIP Service Features
There are many service features that already come with the VoIP system at no additional cost. Extra features are also available to customize the system to your business’ needs.
Some of the features include:
- Call Blocking –Add phone numbers to this list and you will never receive calls from this line.
- Call Forwarding –Calls are automatically forwarded to another phone number when you are out of the office for a long period of time. You can also choose to have calls forwarded to your voicemail.
- Caller ID –Find out who is calling you before you pick up the phone.
- Voicemail –Callers can leave messages for you if you are unable to answer the phone.
- Fax – Send faxes using your VoIP line.
- 3-Way Calling –Allows for conference calling with two other people at the same time.
- Last Number Redial –Allows you to call the last number you dialed.
Additional features may include:
- Softphone Support -Allows you to use softphone software on your personal computer when you’re not working in the office.
- Customized Hold Music –Callers will hear music or specialized messages about the company when they are placed on hold.
- Find Me/Follow Me –Allows you to receive calls on different phones. If someone works away from their desk and cannot pick up the phone, other phones, such as a cell phone or different phone, will ring in sequential order.
- Outlook Integration – Click and send calls from your Outlook email box.
- Conferencing –Allows for the ability to make phone calls and video conferencing.
If you find that you still have questions about how the system works, or what to learn more about all of its capabilities, contact a Voice over IP provider and they will be happy to address any specific concerns.