Phone systems vendors do not just supply a product – they supply a service. Because of the complexity associated with phone systems such as professional installation, proper training and ongoing maintenance, you want to choose a vendor you and your team can rely on.
When talking to business phone system vendors, consider the following questions.
- Does the phone system vendor set up and train you with the phone system? What is their customer service policy?
- If the vendor does not set up your system, how familiar are they with setting up systems? This can help you gauge how responsive they will be if you should experience a problem with your telephone answering phone system.
- If the vendor does set up the system, who handles setup and installation? Some phone system dealers have local offices where company representatives will perform your phone system’s setup and installation while others use contractors. If you would prefer to receive ongoing support from the company directly – this is an important question to ask.
- Does the telephone phone system company offer real-time software and hardware updates? From time to time, updates will be required and you should know if the vendor will provide a technician to service those updates, or if you are supposed to handle upgrades yourself.
- Does the company have references? You want to make sure to call and speak with its references to make sure it is a suitable service provider.