For most of the last year I`ve been making more part time (via my firm) than I have at my full time job.
I`m considering taking the plunge (not too much of a plunge, i`ve been at this for 3 years), however I`d like to have the $2,400/month I get from my full time job sitting around just in case.
What type of loan should I apply for in this case? I currently have a $30,000 loan with a zero balance, however the interest rate is at 8.00%. Would an SBA loan be about the same?
Here are some other (random) facts to consider:
- I`ve got 10 years experience working in corporate IT and residential environments
- My benefits are through my wife`s employer.
- I have no credit debt.
- My credit is about 750. My wife`s is even better.
- I have an established L.L.C (for a little more than 3 years).
- I often miss about 3 customer calls a day because I can`t answer my cell at work.
- My hobbies are internet marketing and SEO.
- I`ve been with the same employer for 8 years.
- The only savings that I have would be my 401k...around 30k. Sucks..I know.
- I have hundreds of clients. Almost all of them schedule yearly appointments.
- My rates are 60/hour for residential computer consulting and repair.
- I have a wife and 2 girls.
- Our house hold makes about 7k/month with about 6k/month in bills.