My website that will jump to millions of views on release with zero advertising
Hi, my name is max... duh right?
I'm long winded but I promise you that your time here will not be wasted. As my potential investor I want you to know me and what I want from you.
I have spent the better half of a year improving upon an idea, and in that time it has evolved into what I now know, will be the next biggest web app. What I don't know yet is how to keep the rights to this idea, and how much it will cost to host due to the violent nature of growth I’m expecting. I will be ready to release no earlier than 45 days and no later than three months depending on how many and what features I decide to implement pre-release. Even though I could easily get this off the ground myself and maintain a massive amount of traffic, I could bring in exponentially more with a team developing the site and that’s where you come in.
A little bit of what, not how
1. my site will be ad free and make every attempt to be efficient, playful and beautiful (yes, that first part was meant to make you think it won't be lucrative because the exact opposite is true)
2. there is no site like my site, there are sites that do things that are similar but it’s the difference between golf and putt-putt. It allows my users to do stuff they already do but in such an interactive way that they will want to do it for hours and then tell their friends about it
3. my site does not need users to be 'users', in that, if no one registers, no problem... but they will. I’m just giving you a taste of how different this is.
4. shortly after the release, company after company that does business online will beg to be added to our list of supported sites, something we will do free of charge, they will simply need a small icon of our site within their site.
5. the idea isn't just applicable to the USA, every country will want to use this site and have region specific support
What I need/want/hope to find from writing this post which I will likely copy and paste onto several other forums now that I have decided to look for an investor and a way to keep the rights to this idea...
1. As my partner you will make millions, likely billions, but I want to always own well over half of the company and be at its head. However we work things out, this is an absolute must.
2. I hate paperwork, and the whole concept of copyright is a bit overwhelming to me, I want to develop, to see how things work and come up with ways it can be better and or sexier.
3. I want a full time team and as my investor you will need to be able to fund this out of pocket or secure funding that won’t cost us a lot more in the long term than if we had funded out of pocket.
4. If there are several offers on the table, which would be splendid, I will likely go with someone who can improve my lifestyle right now; I don’t ask for much, I just want a car, shelter and spending money to live wherever the team assembles pre-release.
Lastly, if you are not an investor but know someone who may be interested, I will gladly pay a $10,000 finder’s fee if you hook me up with the investor who I end up going with.