After being a member for several months ... I`m wondering if new start-ups or those that are thinking about becoming a start-up are confused and over-whelmed with the thought of starting an on-line e-commerce store?
There are soooo many folks touting websites, touting shopping carts, touting data bases ... and wanting your money!!
But in reality ... are they truly interested in your on-line store becoming successful ... or are they more interested in simply selling you a web site, shopping cart, data base ?
And then, after they have your money ... they leave you to the wolves.
We all know that a true successful on-line store takes a professional team to design, impliment, and grow. Yet at the same time, many design teams don`t take the time .. the needed hand-holding that is required for a start-up to succeed.
Many design teams don`t help provide a true "turn-key" solution.
- Do they first understand the true concept of the business? The prior expeience of the client, or the passion of the client?
- Do they take the time to understand the client`s level of business knowledge, level of e-commerce knowledge, level of financial resources and amount of time available for the owner to dedicate to this new start-up?
- Do they offer a step by step approach ... outlining requirements by both the design team and the client regarding filing certain forms (EIN filing, business license filings, Credit Card processing), obtaining certain sofware (for adjusting and resizing images), and a time-line for learing or doing certain things?
- Do they provide a suite of services outside of designing the web site, such as fax services, accounting software recommendations, CPA referrals, attorny referrals, ect?
- Is a true turn-key solution offered ... including the option to have the site hosted or not (but not required)... to offer additional maintenance contracts (but not required), to offer a SEO and Submission package (standard) to assist in driving traffic to the site , and true han holding to guide the new start-up to success?
I`ve been reading over the months how folks may have fallen prey to very successful sales folks ... touting eveerything possible ... and providing very little but sizzle.
What if there was a true turn-key solution for e-commerce ...
- That prior to anything, sat down and listed to what the client truly wanted and offered suggestions and encouragement.
- That provided a true customized web site, with a shopping cart that was not just a me too ...
- With an off-line data base that allowed you to run your on-line store just like a bricks and mortar store, including drop shipping if required.
- That provided step by step how to`s and guidance on starting an on-line business.
- That offered a comprehensive solution, assistance and hand-holding for the client.
- That taught the client how to do simple web site text changes, but reminded folks that there is a reason why they chose a design team. (Not everyone can be a webmaster ... and most have no business even attempting to be one.)
Is this something that is finally needed within industry?