I am a long time reader, first time poster. My name is Jordan and I am 23 years old. I have always had the passion and dreams to be an entrepreneur, but I have only pursued corporate america. But now, after my wife won her battle with cancer, I am revigorated and ready to take control. Over the past year I have wrote down on a piece of paper all of my "million dollar ideas". This post is to gather feedback and advice on my ideas, before I choose one and move forward. I look forward to all of your posts!
1. An advertising website for apartment complexes and residential rentals (similar to apartments.com), but the main point of focus that makes this different is that each apartment complex, apartment unit within the complexes and residential rentals will all have a video that will be streamlined that highlights all the features.
2. Sports wristbands, headbands and gear with attitude phrases. For example, a wristband that says "Go hard or go home!". There will be a huge variety of attitude phrases.
3. Goal Cards. These cards are similar to plastic credit cards in shape, size and texture. My target audience is first small to big businesses. The company`s logo will be displayed on the front of the card, and the back of the card will be 5 lines so that you can write down your specific goals for that week. These cards will promote focus and goal creating in a business atmosphere. My second audience is ages 25-49. There will be different goal categories such as Personal Goals, Business Goals, Family/Friends Goals, Financial Goals and some more. The front of the card will detail the specific goal and the back will have 5 lines to write down your specific monthly goals for that topic.
4. A financial education institution for ages 15-22. It will be a brick and mortar institution with a 4 month class that details specific education on finances and on success in life.
5. A magazine for hospital patients. The magazine will have several articles but contain three key subjects: Inspirational stories from hospital employees, patients, etc; a humor section; and a game section. The magazine will be free to patients and it will be used as an advertising tool for pharmaceutical companies, self improvement companies, etc. They will be my profit point.
6. Role playing sex costume lingerie. I know they have role playing women lingerie, but my idea is for matching men and woman role playing lingerie. Examples: Tarzan and Jane, CEO and Administrator, Doctor and Patient, etc. The woman`s lingerie will be similar to what they have now, and the mens will be made out of satin. The lingerie will be packaged together.
7. Diaper lining. My idea is for a cotton lining to go over a template diaper similar to diapers now, but the key is to insert the lining which will not seep down to the template diaper. This way whether it is number 1 or number 2, you can dispose of the lining, not the diaper. The template diaper will be used once a day. The packaging will be either a 7 pack of diapers with lining for a week or a 31 day package with lining. Lining will also be sold seperately. This will decrease the cost for parents dramatically.
8. The Night Table Refrigerator. I do not have a catchy name but basically the product looks like a typcial nightstand, where the top drawer is a nightstand but the bottom part is a mini fridge.
9. Who are you doing business with website. This website is free to consumers, and will have specific information regarding the business and the employee with whom you are doing business. For example if you are shopping for a mortgage with Countrywide, the website will have detailed information about Countrywide, the specific branch you are doing business with as well as the loan officer. My target is businesses and I will charge each company a standard monthly fee. It is a legitamacy website but with more detailed information.
10. 3-D games and movies for kids ages 3-7. There will be educational and entertainment computer and dvd games as well as movies.
I thank everyone for their help and feedback.