- Walk in or call and ask ... the people answering the phone know the answers and they handle these calls all the time. "Hi my name is Nicole and my journals are ideal for your store and I was wondering if you will help me find who I need to talk to."
- It`s easier to get a phone number than an email; cold calling emailing is "safe" but you need to do both until you know your product/message is at the right place for the decision ... then you can back off to give it some time (days/weeks; ask them).
- Work your list all at once; don`t just hit one and back off to see if you`re doing it "right"; what works in one place won`t work in another and getting contact is the one thing you can do regardless of being right.
- If they are not interested, and you need to make sure they are the "decision maker" before you hear that answer, then they are not, and you need accept and move on for the time being (if you are sure your product is right for their customers, then call back after a few months or a year and see if that is still the case or they are still the right person).
- You should always try harder!
- The holidays are already here, but you are working the local level on a personal level so it`s not without hope (big store buyers, your big order fear base, are not your target right now because they are not at your fingertips AND they buy many months ahead). That being said, some of them do have local store buying authority and do need to be on your list and are great for "practice" as they have to be nice (even if it`s just giving you the 800 number for their buyers department).
- Know it`s not easy, take little steps, but always keep moving, asking, listening, and in time your biggest challenge is going to be questioning "what you know works" so you can keep growing ... this is a journey, a process, and not a destination!
I believe in you! I know you can do it ... you`re already doing it! PLUS I think your product and mission are fantastic; "remember the lion" (he always had the courage!~)
Chris Miller, a simple taco maker:
The Tiger Taco home in the U.S.A.
Tiger Tacos in Australia
Tiger Tacos in the United Kingdom