1. Have invention promotion firm solicit inventors to present their ideas, tell each inventor their idea is great, and then perform a patent search.
2. After the search, have invention promotion firm conduct a sales presentation that provides the inventor with a positive evaluation of the invention.
3. Have invention promotion firm offer to procure a patent and promote the invention to manufacturers and other interested parties.
4. Give inventors a written money back guarantee – you get a patent or you get your money back. Inventors love that.
5. File design patent applications instead of utility patent applications – easier to get through. Inventors don’t know the difference between the different types of patent applications.
6. Water down the invention to make sure SOME patent gets issued so you don’t have to refund the inventors’ money – even if that means pointless design embellishments get added.
7. Laugh all the way to the bank.
See case of S. MICHAEL BENDER, and American Inventors Corporation
James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
Lindon & Lindon, LLC
Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
[this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."