I want to increase the number of readers on blog for that i have added RSS button on it but the number of subscriptions is less as compared to the number of visitors.I need your suggestions on how to increase the number of rss readers.
actually you can't do it your self only people can do if they find our website important or imformative for them.
so make your website target right audience, user friendly website and also you can submit your rss feed into rss directories but that is not helps to increase rss suscriber but still that very good technque for getting website's pages index
Try to interact with readers by encouraging them to comment on your blog. You can leave off with a question and see what others respond to it. Once you get readers involved they will want to come back to see your latest articles thereby subscribing to your feed.
Here I am sharing few simple tips for increase your RSS subscribers count
- Make it Easy to Subscribe
- Offer Email Subscription
- Give Something Away for Free
- Entice With Exclusive Content
- Promote Off-site
- Display Your Subscriber Count
- Educate Them
- Run a Contest
- Create Unique and Valuable Content
single best way to increase RSS is to provide value, and then market yourself so you get in front of as many people as possible.
i have close to 5,000 rss subscribers in just a year's time on my blog
Maybe get a Google+ account and try to get as many plus 1 fans as you can. Interact with them through Google+ and see how many use the "Google Reader" service. Google Reader is awesome by the way. Try to get them to subscribe to your blog with Google Reader. What current RSS methods/sign up possibilities do yo have in lace right now? Also if you just want to increase numbers for the time being try using a Microworkers site and pay like .10 cents per subscription. Its a great way to get the ball rolling and you usually pick a few regular fans/readers no matter what there original intent was to signing. Which is mostly just making the money and moving on. A lot of good advice from smart people above as well.
1. Have a big RSS icon. People are lazy. You need to keep that fact always in mind. If you use a little RSS icon, visitors might have a problem finding it. Most of those will just give up after a couple of seconds, so make sure the RSS icon is big and easily recognizable.
2. Display the RSS icon above the fold. Apart from using a big RSS icon, you must make sure that you display it above the fold. That is where most blogs have one, and that is where people are used to look for when they want to subscribe, so go with the flow.
3. Display the RSS icon on every page of your blog. When I started blogging I did this mistake. Only my homepage used to have an RSS icon…. As soon as I added it to every single page on the blog, the number of subscribers jumped.