Are you looking to plan a fun night out for you and your friends this Christmas? If so, these 10 steps could help make for a memorable evening.
1. Start by deciding which of your friends you want to invite. Is this going to be a big occasion for a large group of you or just a select group? Will it be lads only or just the girls?
2. Next, discuss with the rest of the group what your options are for locations. Find somewhere in your local town or city may be the best bet, as it'll be more convenient to get to and from. However, as it's a special time of year, you may prefer somewhere more exciting.
3. Once you've decided a location, you can start to think about the date you want to go out. Make sure everyone can make it to avoid any disappointment.
4. Now you can start to think about some of the bars and clubs you want to go to. If you know the area, then this may be straightforward. Otherwise, draw up a list of venues and read reviews online.
5. Find out if any of the venues you're going to require pre-paid tickets or reservations before you go. This may be particularly important if you are planning on eating somewhere during the evening.
6. Once you have a decision made, it's time to organise how you're going to get there and back. This may involve public transport, lifts from family members or taxis. Or, one of the group may be the designated driver.
7. With your transport booked and your venues chosen, you can now start to look forward to the night out. This may begin with some shopping to find a new outfit for the occasion.
8. To complement your new outfit, you may also want to consider finding a hairdresser to give you a new 'do' for the night out.
9. Make sure everyone knows the plan, including pick-up and drop-off points, meeting places and exchange phone numbers (if you haven't already) so that nobody gets left behind or lost on the night.
10. Finally, you may want to do a bit of homework before you set off to find some suitably located takeaways for when you come out of the bars and clubs.