Honestly, it depends what the SEO company is going to do for you.
Usually before I get my hands dirty there are 5 things that I look at:
- Is your web site`s code buggy? (does it need to be cleaned up) If so I clean up your code
- What is your current position? if you`re already indexed, perhaps you just need a small lift.
- Reseach your business and see what others are doing in your industry
- Modify your content in a way that your keywords are being ranked
- At the end of the Month run a simple analysis, email you the results and then we take it from there....
See every one is going to handle your project differently, while some might just want to dip into the keywords, and descriptions in hopes that you rank so they can take your money.... Others, are going to take a more professional approach and rather than just optimizing your site, they are going to fix the code for you. As you may know, web sites that are coded incorrectly or that don`t follow a standard are harder to rank in the search engines just because you are making the robots think harder (basically they can`t read your mark up) even if you have good content.
Nuevolution2/12/2009 10:05 AM
Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!