Good question! I am a part of 4 online network groups and I organize two face2face groups of entrepreneurs and bootstrappers.
SUN is the place where I gain the most information but I do admit it`s hard to keep up. So much so I`ve toyed with the idea of developing some type of program that makes it all easier. I spend about 3 hours a day coordinating & reading, asking & answering but the value I get from that three hours is priceless.
I`ll be happy to connect on:
- Ecademy - offers a friendly & trusted environment, with many great functionalities and resources about running a business and personal development. More and more subscribers in the US (btw they are currently looking for local leaders, get in touch with me if you want to know more). A great feature is that anything you publish there has great rankings on Google.
- OpenBC - large and very international, you can reasonably expect to make good local or distant business connections and deals quite quickly. A couple of people I know here are on OpenBC as well. There are also clones like CIWI and Ecademici.
- LinkedIn - more a giant database of resumes than a social platform. But it`s definitely the place to be if you want to hire or get hired!
- Soflow - kind of middle-of-the-road platform, good for building your personal brand though, and international as well.
- Not to forget the French-speaking platform Viaduc. On July 12th 2006 there were about 2,400 US-based subscribers. So it`s probably a good place to start for those of us who are interested in French-speaking countries.
See you all there!
I belong to them all. LOL. I used to work for a social network site last year and my job was to do market research on our competitors so I had to join all of the sites and present a monthly report to the senior management team.
Ironically because I joined Myspace, I met my business partner a Rock singer in Nashville and we partnered up to create a wickedly awesome brand.
The site I log into the most is Myspace and now StartupNation.
Myspace allows me to promote my company with a customized page www.mypace.com/grooverockgear whereas most other networking sites force you to keep your profile plain. The coolest site is actually Wallop... www.mywallop.com but you have to know someone at Microsoft to get in...they only give you 5 invites so its hard to get your friends in.
The most interactive site is www.secondlife.com which allows you to build your business virtually and make money while participating in the community.
Check out my Hot elevator pitch this week on the podcast which will be posted on 7.24.06
p.s. Vote for me in the Why I need a Vacation contest. Vote for Rocknroll333