I am actually in the middle starting a "full-fledged" publication and know that there is the alternative "e-zine" but. . . in reviewing your submission I am reconsidering my options. We WOULD like to jump in to a web-based venture and I`d appreciate any input you have in terms of the benefits of being completely digital. But we are talking about a niche publication.
Awaiting your feedback.
Waylon Pretends Eagle
- It isn`t very expensive to start a "Online only" mag or e-zine. But then, I don`t know which country you are in. However, that`s the beauty of going digital. Suddenly the world is your country and you do business beyind boundaries.
- Who is your reader? What does she do? What are her interests? What piques her? What does she do when she isn`t working? Does she spend time online? If yes, how much? If she isn`t reading online what is she doing? -- The beauty is that all of this info is available online. You need this info because you have to ensure you know your customer better than your children.
- Off line mags are generally subscribed - they are subscribed because they offer timely, valuable information which readers love to read. You can`t forget this golden principle -- no matter which way you tend to go.
- I was reading this book called " E -Myth Re-visted" by Michael. E. Gerber -- I`d suggest you go and buy it.It talks about how the skilled worker starts a business only to get caught in a trap he had devised on his own. It talks about how to develop business as "system" and how you could -- if done right-- walk away from your business and still make it work for you. Do you understand what that means to you? Do you realize that it begets freedom and wealth? It even has a sequel called "E-Myth Mastery". I couldn`t sleep after that. It is pure gold, if you ask me. Go ahead and buy these books.
- E-zine type business model works beautifully if done right - low overheads, remote writers, editors and proof readers. See these sites? www.inc.com , www.entrepreneur.com , www.marketingprofs.com -- although they do have magazines, their sites are just as good.
- It is hard work to find and retain good quality but still inexpensive writers ( like me ..ho ho..) who are also reliable and stick to deadlines. If you can work out a system for your entire business and think about it, I don`t see why you wont do well.
Hire Me To Write For You Join for Free &Throw Open Your Life to Change
Bid and Win Insane Deals