I just wanted to get your suggestions and opinions regarding this newly designed web site I just released for a customer today.
The web site is a hybrid; meaning it`s static and Dynamic (uses a database).
but also has static components just for show and design.
Althouth, our approach was to tweak OSCommerce to an extent. I didn`t feel that OSCommerce was the appropriate Shopping cart for this purpose.
So I decided to go with a custom made approach.
Here are the
1. Database driven -MYSQL and PHP
2. Dynamic header, body and footer page - can be updated without tearing down the whole web site.
3. Using PayPal as the payment gateway but can be upgraded to linkpoint, Authorize.net, 2CO, or any processor within 2 minutes and not 5 days.
4. We wanted to deliver a small scale solution with the ability to upgrade to a full scale solution when the customer is ready.
The full scale project would consist of: Customer Login, UPS, FEDEX real time modules, shipping and ordering history.
For now the customer doesn`t have the money but is looking forward to upgrading.
5. Cross Browser compatible.
I wanted to provide my customer with a custom made Shopping cart. I felt that using OSCommerce would be to complex to modify and I was limited to code modifications. (OScommerce policy)
After seeking various solutions I decided to code it by hand. Which took me 2 weeks from concept to development.
I also wanted to keep it simple for customers to navigate and purchase.
What is your Opinion, Suggestion or if you could change something what would you change.
Please keep in mind that I haven`t added Keywords or Description to the web site. We are still looking for the correct keywords and key phrases.
Please give me as much input that you can. It would be appreciated.
Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!