I own a customer service and order fulfillment company, which supports small on-line retailers who would not necessarily have the time or money to staff their own ordering and/or order fulfillment departments. We have been doing the customer service aspect for a while, but have just recently added the shipment aspect of the business. Our services are geared to allow business owners more time to go out and promote their businesses and spend time with their families rather than having to be addressing customers questions and shipping product.
So here is my question. I am almost done with my advertising piece for the shipping portion, but I am trying to apply time saving numbers into it. For any of you that currently ship your own products, can you please look at the following questions and provide your feedback.
1. How much time do you spend ordering your shipping supplies?
2. How much time do you spend doing inventory?
3. How long does it take you to actually package the products(s)?
4. If you bring the packages to the post office or UPS, how much time is spent doing this?
5. Do you set a certain time of day aside to handle any of these processes?
6. Can you perform these tasks uninterupted?
7. Do you ship your products the same day that they are received? If not, what is your turn around time?
8. Do you use the same shipping method for all of your items or do you determine the most economical rate based on distance?
Founder & President