Stop by the SmallBusiness.com wiki for a huge list of Small Business blogs:http://www.smallbusiness.com/wiki/Weblog_directory
The SmallBusiness.com News Wire is a great resource in its own right, collecting small business news from a variety of sources:http://feeds.feedburner.com/smallbusinessnews
Other small business authors I find value in include:
- Boomtown USA, Jack Schultz, Illinois (small town)
- CCU CEO, Zane Safrit, Iowa (one CEO`s perspective)
- Small Business CEO, Steve Rucinski, Ohio (collected news items)
- Rex Blog, Rex Hammock, Tennessee (eclectic!)
- Small Biz Trends, Anita Campbell, Ohio
- Work at Home, Chuck Huckaby, Tennessee
- Small Biz Technology, Ramon Ray, New Jersey
- Marketing Minute, Drew McLellan, Iowa
- Instigator, Ben Yoskovitz, Quebec, Canada (entrepreneurship)
- EnergyByte, Cristian Dorobantescu, Romania (entrepreneurship)
- The Savvy Entrepreneur, Cristina Favreau, Montreal, Canada
Another idea is to set up news searches, through Google or others, to bring you relevant industry or local news. Even my small town local papers offer feeds.
I also subscribe to the feed from my friends` Flickr pages, to see what they are up to.
Finally, at the risk of seeming immodest, I`ll mention my own feed, Small Biz Survival
, for small town and rural small business people.
Co-owner of Allen`s Retail Liquors, rancher and business/marketing consultant. Publisher of SmallBizSurvival.com for small businesses in small towns an rural areas.