Another late one here...
The forest fire near my parents` home kind of threw my schedule off since last week. Thanks for your thoughts and raindances - I know they helped a lot a lot in keeping the flames a half mile from their house.
This past weekend was relaxing and inspiring - even with the uncertain issues around the fire. My friend Neomi, her husband Michael and their adorable baby Ella were in town for a visit. Neomi nearly died in childbirth two years ago. This weekend showed that she`s nearly at 100% after two brain surgeries, lots of physical therapy and two years of recovery. I spent as much time as possible with her from Wednesday through Saturday evening.
Friday night we escaped to our "country house" at Joy Creek Nursery.
Ed, some friends, and some co-workers were doing a Saturday morning kayak trip in the area - so we went out to our friend Mike`s house for dinner and a relaxing evening. I had too much to do to go kayaking, but the night in the country was great. I walked in the show gardens in the morning - and did a bit of retail nursery therapy. Then it was back home for me to work from my PowerBook at the table in our garden. That afternoon I made my "famous" potato salad
and cole slaw for a BBQ for Neomi`s family next door.
Sunday morning we were up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for participation in the LiveStrong Challenge
10k Cancer Walk. We were walking in memory of three of our closest friends who died of various cancers last year and in honor of three others battling cancers now and one who survived a stomach cancer. Ed and I had been invited to walk with the team of the amazing local Cancer Care Resources
organization. Lance Armstrong and others gave incredibly motivational and inspiring speeches. I was not prepared for how emotional the entire experience was for me. It was a beautiful day for a 10K walk and the the experience was amazing.
Sunday evening it was another dinner party at our home - with our friends Shawn and Greg, and Janice (the widow of Ed`s boss who died of lung/brain cancer last fall - and one of the people we walked in memory of). It was the perfect way to end a packed weekend.
The week has already been a bit nuts and more needs to get completed:
• I completed the logo design for a medical day spa and I`m not working on the design of signage, the stationery package and all marekting collateral.
• A couple weeks ago I completed the identity for a local AIDS residential care facility and I`m now designing the stationey pacakge, annual report format and newsletter template.
• I`m designing the logo for a essay writing contest for a young Native American writer`s program
• Getting some submissions for a book on restaurant, cafe and bar graphic design out of here today.
• Spending a couple hours a day working on my new book, Identity Crisis!
. The introduction and some case studies need to get sent out to my publisher by the end of the week so they can produced the sales/promotion pages. dealing with LOTS of email questions for the 100+ designers invited to submit items for inclusion in the book on identity re-designs.
• Writing a couple articles and posting some others online
• Trying to keep up with posting two or three blog entries each week.
• Responding to questions for some other writers for articles they are preparing and from designers/others who have emailed me in the last couple days.
• As usual, Friday will be spent primarily on marketing/promotion efforts - with a little "garden therapy" thrown in for good measure.
I`m sure there is more to do and accomplish. Damn, I`d better get to work. Already looking forward to the weekly "happy hour" by the pool at the home of some friends tomorrow night....
Have a great day and rest of your week!
Jeff Fisher | Jeff Fisher LogoMotives
| Tweet! Tweet!