From your post, it sounds like you are trying to create a learning community (RSS, e-mail, maintain a level of security). You might consider running Microsoft`s Community Server software. The ASP.NET Community Server Kit is Web application that makes it easy for you to build a user forum, blog, or photo gallery on your Web site. You can manage it from a web based administration console.
Here are some links for more information about Community Server to get a feel about weather or not it is right for you:
Overview Video (examples of what you can build)
If this is indeed what you are trying to do, please consider DesignCaddy.Net as a potential hosting provider. We offer the ASP.NET Community Server Kit free with our Windows shared hosting accounts.
If you do decide to proceed with Community Server, here are the instructions for loading it:
To Set Up the ASP.NET Community Server on Your Web Site
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Under the Hosting & Email section, select Hosting Account List.
- Next to the hosting account you want to modify, click Open.
- Under the Content section of the Hosting Manager, click the Value Application icon. The Application Manager displays.
- Read through the dislaimer and click Accept on the Value Application Disclamer page.
- Click Install next to Community Server.
- Enter your information in the required fields.
- Click Install.
Thanks and Good Luck!!!!