Does anyone know if a good web host? I am looking for one that is
- Honest - will acknowledge there is a problem when there is a problem.
- Fair - will refund me or at least try to compensate for downtime.
- Reliable - will not have any noticeable downtime. I don`t know if this is possible but it`s good to aim high right? :-)
- Excellent support - stuff like "Live Help" would be a plus.
- Offers good value i.e. the cost:benefit ratio should be acceptable.
I have been through many, many hosts and I am really fed up of looking. They all seem to have the same cycle: Start off good > get lots of customers > get bad > lose customers > get good again or go out of business or switch business.
It seems that many of the hosting companies are run by technicians and not businesspeople. So basic things like apologising for stuff that went wrong, fixing the problem fast and offering compensation are never part of their modus operandi.
All of the hosts I`ve been through have had the "top ratings" and "awards" so that doesn`t mean anything to me at all. Please I`d appreciate some honest answers.
Whoever, you recommend, please tell me how long you`ve been with them as well.
Get Your Name in ".com" at the International Internet Authority