I posted a website critique last week, and received a lot of good information. Since then, I have almost completed it.
- My business is to assist authors in designing their book for publishing, in addition to anyone who might want a company manual, brochure or newsletter. While I realize I need to add more keywords to my other pages, I do have some for the first page and am hoping to get hits from search engines.
- I designed it myself, with the goals of showcasing previous customers and the publications I assisted them with. It has taken me over 80 hours in total as I had to learn how to use the program (Office Live), I had several documents to upload (letters of recommendation), and am still working on putting together samples of the work I`ve done that will be added to my "Publication" page.
- I realize I need to complete my "Frequently Asked Question" page so no need to look there at the moment, although I did put up a "currently under construction" there, and in my footer.
- I have utilized the "Ad Manager" aspect and created an ad, although I did not spend much money it for now but will do so later.
What I would like to know is this?
- Are the "Testimonials" from clients too long? I took the letter of recommendation they wrote me (which is viewable when clicking on their name) and added their comments. I also added their photo, if available, and if not I added their logo.
- On the "Publication" page, I have three sample publications that can be viewed as a PDF. Two of them I created a cover page and a description of the project. These two are: (1) under Carroll, F. Laverne INTERNATIONAL LIBRARIANSHIP -- Cooperation and Collaboration and (2) Chaplin, James Crossword and Word Search Puzzles. The third one, Die Kindsmorderin, I did not apply the cover page. I did add a watermark, however, and would like comment on that as well as to the proper verbiage.
Any other comments are welcome as well. Thank you.