- 5 Tablespoons melted butter (cooled a little and set aside)
- 4 eggs, separated (that means yolks in one place, whites in another)
- 1 cup milk (we use half & half)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- With and electric or hand mixer, beat the egg whites to a stiff peak and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks in a different bowl, large enough for the overall batter.
- To the egg yolks, add milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix well
- Combine flour, salt and sugar, and add to the egg-yolk mixture.
- Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to GENTLY fold in the egg whites.
(To "fold" means put in the whites, use the spatula to lift the right side of the batter in the bowl and flip it into the middle. Then lift the left side of the batter and flip toward the middle. Turn bowl 90-degrees and do it again until the whites are equally distributed.)
- A few small lumps are okay.
- Cook about 3-1/2 to 4 minutes (or set the iron on well-done and cook until the light goes out).
- Use half milk and half water, or...
- 1-1/4 cup flour for heavier waffles
Must be over 18 or have permission from a physician, not for sale in normal places, not responsible for lifting heavy equipment or driving industrial vehicles pursuant to ingesting this syrup.