- Business Idea: A social network and/or directory of online deals and an evaluation of rewards programs. Maybe it`s because new ones appear all the time, but I have yet to see a detailed list of all the rewards, deals, and discounts and google search results are MIND BOGGLING. Now more than ever when people are trying to save money, and they need to know how. Goal: Help people can find the best deals for them. For instance, I use marriottrewards, because I really like shopping online and the points go towards a free hotel stay, but I can`t always use them.
- Business Idea: E-Commerce 1 dollar store. Granted I can`t make money buy just charging 1.00 (I`m thinking about a slight upcharge, but no shipping/handling fee). The Dollar Tree company actually sells their items online (most dollar stores don`t) and you can buy in bulk. I would buy from them and then resell Goal: Help people save money, time and gas mileage for their little purchases/items.
- Business Idea: E-Commerce Consignment Shop (ladies help me this one, really want your feedback). Consignment shops are great for getting good deals on clothing still in style very inexpensively. The problem is (at least in my area, around DC), they don`t take "mall clothing": clothes from gap, ann taylor, ann taylor loft, jones new york, etc. They really want to niche and be boutique (most of them specialize in "high end") which is great, but what about people who just want a suit or a skirt for the office and can`t spend alot of money? So I want to open an e-consignment shop (I have an apartment with no space for folks to come in and try on stuff) for the mall clothes (bebe, tjmax, etc). I would be starting with my own collection, which is only a size 4-6 but would buy more clothes from women all sizes and post them on my site. I really think this could be a great idea, so let me know whether this appeals to you and why or why not. Goal: Another way to get clothing inexpensively.
- Business Idea: Social network for single people who are happy single. This one is really about me, but I am know I am not alone here. I am 40, single, never been married and don`t want to be. Have an 18 year old son who is soon to be off to college. My interests and my friends interests are no longer aligned: Some of them are just getting married or want to date, or they are just having children and we`re spending less time together (in short time for new friends!) Goal:To meet people you might have things in common with to do things that don`t involve husbands, wives, kids, committments.
- Business Idea: Shuttle Driving/Social Network for Ride Sharing . I have thought about this for a while and shied away because I didn`t want a business that I had to employ people. In my area Metro (our transit system) is going through major cutbacks that could literally leave people scrambling to figure out getting back and forth to go to work because they might stop bus services. I thought about buying a few vans, shuttles and driving people to the closest metro station. OR setting up a social network (don`t ya love those things?) So people can connect and do rideshare Or maybe both. Goal: Get people to work.
I know this is a lot to digest but this is what happens when you`re underemployed/unemployed: way too much time on your hands
Thanks everyone, I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.
Thought of the Day: Life is like a penny; you can spend it any way you want, but you can only spend it once.