Well, I`m not Leah, but I`ll just say that it sure rains a lot in Oregon and a lot of people are pretty sad (meaning depressed...). :) I`d say Colorado is better. he he.
Sorry...was off working...shame on me! HAHAHA!!!
Nope...sorry MeLissa...my mom lives in Denver...beautiful countryside...but too dry...everything is brown...can`t handle that! Last time I went to visit I thought my lungs were going to shrivel up into little raisins the minute I stepped off the plane. There might be a lot of rain here during three of our seasons...but it is greener than green all year round...and everything grows BIG here...lots of rain...and a bit of sunshine makes for some pretty darn big plants!!! Oh and some amazing Pinot Noir....man the wine is good out here!!! Being originally from the DC Metro area...the east coast has NOTHING on Oregon when it comes to wine!
As for my bragging rights (te he he)....um...well...not much of a bragger really...but I have had some moments in the past few months that just made me beam...wanted to do my little happy dance!!! Okay...so here goes!
1) I am deathly afraid of needles...and I managed to not only hold my son while he was having blood drawn...I actually WATCHED without throwing up or puking...AND...I managed to calm him down so he wasn`t fighting me!
2) I am SOOOOOOOOOO close to having an actual business of my own...I finalized my business card design...and it says under my name EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (which is by-far the coolest title i have ever had)
3) I have managed to not jump off a cliff in the past 6 months from all the stress of multiple doctors appointments, 2 surgeries, starting my own non-profit, major car issues, my husband in court for wrecking the old car, the house under construction at all times...etc etc etc.
4) OWWW....and a random rose bush has popped up in my front yard (which is not much of a front yard because the previous owner threw weed killer on it before he left...but now I have 3 random rose bushes)
5) We have successfully ripped out the second bathroom in our house (although we have yet to put it back together...one step at a time right!?)
6) And last but certainly not least...I got to wake up again this morning and do another day....YEAH FOR ME!!!!
As for everyone else who pops up on this thread to do a little bragging...more power to you! I think we all deserve the occasional pat on the back...not to mention...it is really nice to feel like you have accomplished something that makes you WANT to brag! It is not often I have things that I truly feel like I need or even want to brag about (including all the silly things I have written above...um...with the exception of numbers 1 and 2...I have been dying to brag about those).
I promise...if I have any more major accomplishments in my life that I am just DYING to share...I will surely be looking for this thread cuz I know I have people here who are great at boosting my already fabulous moments!!!
Okay, okay....I just didn`t want to pull out the big guns. Oregon vs. Maui....my other home away from home. They have some fabulous wines there by the way....
(of course, all of this is in fun dear Oregonians...I`ve never even had the pleasure of visiting your state, but I have found many people from there that are quite charming.) :)
Leah - first of all, I am so proud of you!! Who you are and what you have accomplished are just amazing!!
I am afraid of needles too .. the last time I got one I still cried ..
Maui ... hmmmmmmm...
Oh goodnes...yeah...don`t try to get the needle near me!!! Although...in the lasst 4 years I have had to see my fair share of needles...and I think I have lost some of my major fear of them...I still cringe pretty good though! UGH....you still can`t put me in a dentist chair without me crying like a little girl though!
Thanks BTW...it is always nice to have someone pat ya` on the back on occasion. I have to admit though...I have some great support on my side...my family although not financially always able to help have ALWAYS been there for me emotionally. I can`t even imagine what it must be like to be a single mom without a ton of support. You too have much to be proud of my dear...MUCH to be proud of! You have a beautiful little boy who seems to be learning very well!
Way to go everyone. You`re doing just GREAT , Keep it up.
As for the rain in OR? I do agree if I lived in the Portland or North portion of Oregon or Washington. It really doen`t rain that much here in Central part of Oregon, at least not until the Global Warming issue (uh oh, did I say that...?).
At any rate, keep up the bragging as I can already "feel" the positive reactions of you telling it all. Way to go.