I teach a home-food processing class for the Wake County Lifelong Learning Program in Raleigh, NC and I think I can help.
(1) How can we build our business so we can become a BUSINESS
You need to get involved in your state Small Business Economic Development Agency, if you tell me what state you live in I can locate that information for you. You will also need to apply for any micro business loans or grants, yes, I said grants available. The new president has released a number of fund to programs nationwide, I know the funds are available here in NC.
(2) How can I sell the product when Im not sure how to SELL the product
When you say how to sell the product, what do you mean. Are you interested in having a copacker make and distribute for you so you receive a residual income or perhaps you need to work with an incubator kitchen in your area to assist in the development and distribution. Incubators are specifically geared to work with start-up companies.
(3) How can we get website traffic to show case our product. We offer a FREE sample box so you can try before you buy
Now that is where SEO and having a good online marketing company comes into play or at least learning the SEO strategies yourself and you can do it yourself to a certain degree irregardless of what anyone says. There are marketing strategies that will pull business to your site along with posting your information in "food malls."
(4) Where should look for commercial space (sublease, rent, lease?)
Again, let`s look at starting with an incubator kitchen and work from there.
(5) How do we go about branding our product. We have changed the logo several times and had it professionally done, but it just doesnt work with the packaging we have chosen (plastic hing containers) First stop pouring out money and go back to the drawing board. I have so many questions to ask you, please email me if you read this posting.
cookingwithdenay5/4/2009 12:28 PM
Cooking with Denay