It sounds like you are seeking a partner (rather than a "passive" investor). Finding one individual who has all the right stuff can be a challenge:
- Passion for your business
- Commitment to work to build it
- the marketing skills and knowledge
- The ability to provide the capital (and willingness to do so)
- Most important - someone you can work with for the long term.
Many entrepreneurs have better success when they separate these requirements and build their "team" (ie your enthusiastic and committed marketing expert) then seek capital.
Business Growth Masters, LLC -
Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
Home of the Scalable Business Plan
and QuikStart Capital Programs