Picture a supermarket shelf. There are two products on the shelf—same price, same quality. Which one will customers purchase? Most likely, they’ll choose the one with the best packaging. Great food packaging can influence buying decisions and increase brand recognition. That’s why you should spend as much time developing your packaging design as you spend on your pricing strategies, recipe preparations and marketing efforts. When packaging food:
1. Choose food packaging that showcases your brand.
2. Include nutrition labels.
3. Highlight the features that make your product unique, such as organic, whole grain or low fat.
4. Choose food packaging boxes and containers that stand up on the shelf.
5. Pick the appropriate packaging material for the type of food you sell.
Teacher Licensure Colorado