Original announcement is here: http://www.solari.com/blog/?p=1248
Financial Permaculture: Greening a Rural American Community
October 24-28, 2008
Attend our 5-day regenerative business and community development course and design simulation with the citizens of Hohenwald, Tennessee.
Engage in this participatory event to develop and prototype the tools and skills you’ll need to launch regenerative businesses or encourage localized investment in your community.
Our course and design simulation will be guided by leading sustainability entrepreneurs:
- Catherine Austin Fitts, investment advisor, founder of Solari, Inc.
- David Blume, permaculture designer, author and biofuels expert
- Andy Langford, permaculture designer and cofounder of Gaia University
- Liora Adler, bioregional and community facilitator guru and cofounder of Gaia University
- Albert Bates, ecovillage, peak oil and climate guru and founder of Global Village Institute
- J ennifer Dauksha-English, permaculture designer and founder of Center for Holistic Ecology
- Greg Landua, permaculture designer and director of Ecovillage Training Center
- Thomas Hupp, ecoentrepreneur and founder of The Leadership School
- Map the financial ecosystem of a rural community
- start and finance a regenerative business
- attract and engage with local investors
- permaculture design
- legal structure
- financing plan
- pitching the plan to the local banking and business community
- Across cultures
- Across disciplines
- Across generations
Tuition: $500 if you sign up and pay in full by September 24, 2008. After that date there is a price increase to $750. Send in a $100 deposit to lock in your reduced rate.
Tuition includes: 5-day event and lunch Friday-Tuesday.
You can send deposit and payment to: Center for Holistic Ecology
Memo: Financial Permaculture Event, PO Box 451 Hohenwald, TN 38462
We do accept credit cards but require a 3% processing charge.
For further information:
Call: (888) 878-2434, Ext 2
Deposit is nonrefundable after September 24 and prior to that date 80% of payment is refundable. The course begins 10 am Friday, October 24 and ends 4 pm October 28. Once registered we will send you a confirmation email packet that will include transportation, lodging and meal recommendations and answers to frequently asked questions.