So you want to build a successful website for your small business? We have launched a brand new step process for you to make that happen. “11 Steps to a Successful Website” is an easy-to-follow roadmap that can used by anyone to build a successful site.
Presented by Microsoft Office Live, you’ll find resources you need to choose and buy software, do the work yourself or hire a pro, and even understand the technical jargon that so often scares people away from setting up shop in the web’s business boomtown.
Follow these 11 steps to create a successful website:
- Plan Your Web Presence
- Choose DIY or Go with a Pro
- Select the Tools for Making Your Home on the Web
- Make Key Design Decisions
- Learn the Code (but Only What You Must)
- Identify the Best Software for Words & Images
- Take Control Over the Look, Feel and Function
- Optimize Your Site for Search Engines
- Put All the Parts Together
- Take your Website Live!
- Constantly Tend to Your Website
We’re certain that the extremely smart StartupNation community will have a great deal of additional insight and ideas to share on each of the steps. Be sure to start or add to a discussion of each step by clicking on the ‘Discuss this’ links. Let’s keep the “by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs” mantra going strong.